Veteran's Benefits for Resident

Did you know that Veterans benefits may be available to you for certain types of senior living?

Veterans Affairs has established an "Aid and Attendance" benefits program to assist eligible veterans and their spouses or surviving widow or widower of a Veteran who are entitled to VA pension or VA compensation and require the regular attendance of another person to assist with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, meal preparation etc.  to receive additional monetary benefits.  You may qualify for care in an assisted living home and to see how much you may qualify for, click the following link to find out more about the benefits program. Learn more..

The "Aid and Attendance" benefit provides funding for qualified individuals who need intermediate or skilled nursing care.  To see if you qualify for the "Aid and Attendance" benefit Learn more..

To complete an application for examination or housebound status or permanent need for regular Aid and Attendance go to:   Learn more..

Pension benefits are needs-based and your "countable" family income must fall below the yearly limit set by law. Veterans must have least 90 days of active duty, including one day during a wartime period. If the active duty occurred after September 7, 1980, you must have served at least 24 months or the full period that you were called up (with some exceptions). You must also be:

  • Age 65 or older with limited or no income, OR
  • Totally and permanently disabled, OR
  • A patient in a nursing home receiving skilled nursing care, OR
  • Receiving Social Security Disability Insurance, OR
  • Receiving Supplemental Security Income

The Veterans must have met the service requirements above for surviving spouses and children applying for the Survivors Pension Learn more..

What veterans and their families should know when applying for Department of Veterans Affairs (va)  Pension benefits.  Learn more..

Ella's Place Assisted Living is committed to working closely with local Veterans Service Officers or local VA representatives to help qualified, prospective residents receive "Aid and Attendance" or any other benefits resulting from military service.

For more information and/or assistance with the "Aid and Attendance" benefit contact our Facility Administrator for more details, or your local VA office.  To find a local office near you, Learn more..